April 2019 – DISCUSSION – SPOILERS

7 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Nina 1 year, 3 months ago
    • Nina
      Participant
      @nina

Please discuss The Flower Hunter’s Cottage in this thread (to avoid spoilers in the thread where the book was announced!

• Nina
      Participant
      @nina

I know it’s still March, but has anyone started reading yet?

• Sally Dodsworth
      Participant
      @sallykwaltonhotmail-com

Started yesterday and really enjoying it so far. Totally not my usual crime thriller style but easy to read and I want to find out more.

• Nina
        Participant
        @nina

Sally, I am trying to find a real mix of types of books; hopefully something familiar as well as a few new to most!

• Sally Dodsworth
      Participant
      @sallykwaltonhotmail-com

Finished and read the next one too. Ended very quickly though seemed a bit rushed.

• Pam Thatcher
      Participant
      @rogandpamtgmail-com

Very easy reading, enjoyable but a bit predictable – if only real life could be so easy and uncomplicated. However, I am thrilled that the book club has restarted – it’s so nice to read something that I would never have found simply looking at Amazon books, or WH Smith book stalls.

• Nina
        Participant
        @nina

Thanks Pam! Having canvassed interest a year ago, it just seemed such a shame not to continue with a book club. I may be less skilled at leading any discussions, but the Forum is here if anyone would like to discuss the books.

Agree regarding the story; a bit predictable and over-simplistic, but still enjoyable.

• Nina
      Participant
      @nina

Another week until the month is over. Is anyone else reading it?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.