The day at last has arrived – and what a scorcher it is set to be. Rather inopportune to be releasing a Christmas pattern in the middle of a heatwave but you never can tell with an English summer.
Ta-da!! I give you the cut&alter Christmas 18 QAL quilt pattern.
The pattern I designed is for a technique building sampler quilt, finished size 69″ x 69″, which will be part of a Quilt Along (QAL). The QAL will run over 15 weeks commencing 05 September 2018 and finishing 12 December 2018. The pattern will come as a pdf and will be sent by email directly to your inbox.
Why take part in the QAL?
1. You will have a quilt ready in time for Christmas …… 2018!
2. You can learn new skills and techniques
3. You can make new quilty friends and build your community at the same time – sewing with friends is always more fun than sewing alone
4. Exclusive access to a closed Facebook group where there will be more hints and tips and hopefully lots of discussion of all things quilty
5. The opportunity to enter giveaways throughout the QAL period
6. Pay up front and you will receive a large discount compared to buying the blocks as stand alone patterns
There is also an early bird discount of 20% if you purchase this pattern before 31 July 2018 – purchase by this date to be in with a chance of winning a copy of EQ8.
You also have a chance of winning all of this for free, and some accompanying fabric – head on over to Competition Corner to enter my celebratory launch competition.
The version pictured in the pattern is made from Silent Night fabric by Makower, which can be bought as a kit from The Cotton Patch shop on UKQU.
If you have plenty of fabric in your stash or would like to make it up in alternate fabric then you will need approx 5.6 metres of fabric. Fabric requirements are contained within the Introduction pdf, but if you need more specific information to make the decision as to whether to buy the pattern of not then please comment below.
Not a big fan of Christmas quilts? Well it works just aswell in other fabrics aswell, monochrome like these oranges for a summery feeling:
or two tone, like this grey and blue rendition:
Have I persuaded you?! It would be lovely if you wanted to participate and I look forward to getting to know the Quilt Alongers better from September.