September – and it's time for …..

8 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Sally Dodsworth 1 year, 10 months ago
    • Arlene McLeish
      Participant
      @arlene

‘To Scotland with Love’.

That’s the book for September. It;s the first book written by Patience Griffin, in the ‘Kilts and Quilts’ series.

Now, I do have to confess that I had never heard of this series until I met Susan Briscoe, of whom some of may have heard – and she was very enthusiastic about it.

The plot is pretty straightforward – Catriona MacLeod, a private investigator, gives up her career after the shock of her husband’s death, and leaves her native Chicago for the fictional town of Gandiegow, in Scotland. There, she reconnects with her granny and other local women. Her peaceful visit is however disturbed by the discovery that a famous – and very handsome – film star is also in the area, and doesn’t want the world to know where he is.

So should she betray his location in order to resurrect her career – or should she give love a chance?

What would you do, in such a situation????

**Please be warned that there some ‘racy’ scenes in this novel**

• Zoe
      Participant
      @zoe4774

I didn’t like this one. Maybe a warning about the amount of ill health in it too.
      Zoe

• Frances Darvill
      Participant
      @frankied

Im a bit late to this one sorry, life just got in the way. Im just going to order it now.

Many thanks
      Francesxx

• eileen
      Participant
      @lilymo2

Not read much of it yet but it’s a bit Mills and Boons for me so far lol

• eileen
      Participant
      @lilymo2

Anyone still reading the September book ?

• Frances Darvill
      Participant
      @frankied

Yes me, not half way through yet but getting there, I am quite enjoying it but didnt at first, still trying to find the racy bit, the only racy bit i have found so far is when one of the ladies got excited over her sewing machine 🙂
      Lots of love
      Francesxx

• eileen
      Participant
      @lilymo2

Just finished the September book. Was ok. Bit of light reading that i could pick up and put down. Bit predictable. However I do love a happy ending lol. Looking forward to October’s book.

• Frances Darvill
      Participant
      @frankied

Just finished it last night, I liked it after I managed to get into it (but to be fair that could have been me not the book), like Eileen I love a happy ending. Looking forward to the next one nudge, nudge come on share tell us what it is, then I can get it ordered.

Lots of love
      Francesxx

• Sally Dodsworth
      Participant
      @sallykwaltonhotmail-com

Enjoying it more than I thought I would…not my usual style but light easy reading that doesn’t tax me too much. Perfect for when I can’t sleep 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.