'The Forgotten Seamstress' – Has society changed?

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Zoe 4 years, 1 month ago
    • Arlene McLeish
      Participant
      @arlene

Today’s question is a little more philosophical and prompted by a comment by Maria Pomirska – feel free to reveal as much or as little as you want to…

Maria was locked away because she threatened the rules of a rigid society.
      Have we become more tolerant today, or are there still certain social improprieties that attract similar punishment? Do you think our views will have changed a hundred years from now?

Really quite interested to see what you think about this!

• Zoe
      Participant
      @zoe4774

I think society is more tolerant of some issues today. I don’t think there is enough support given (money from the government to use in the community, not institutions) for modern mental health issues.

• Arlene McLeish
      Participant
      @arlene

Hi Zoe,

I would agree – modern mental health issues seem to be becoming ever more acute, and while there’s a lack of money, I also wonder whether we know how to fix them?

Arlene

• Zoe
      Participant
      @zoe4774

Hi Arlene

Possibly not but while there’s less funding there’s less ‘research’ able to happen, so less help can be given… We should at least be trying to help those with mental health issues to lead happier, if not more productive, lives.

Zoe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.