Another year has come to an end, and what a different year it has been! The UKQU Book Club started back in April 2018 and we have since then more or less every month suggested a quilting related novel or biography to read.
During 2020 we read the following books:
- Jan 2020 – Book club on hold
- Feb 2020 – Book club on hold
- Mar 2020 – For the Love of Quilts; Ann Hazlewood
- Apr 2020 – The quilt ripper (Miranda Hathaway series); Mary Devlin Lynch and Debbie Devlin Zook
- May 2020 – A single thread; Marie Bostwick
- Jun 2020 – A single thread (Cobbled Court Quilts series); Tracy Chevalier
- Jul 2020 – The Seamstress, a Memoir of Survival; Sara Tuvel Bernstein
- Aug 2020 – Half-stitched Amish quilting club; Wanda Brunstetter
- Sep 2020 – Our Family Quilt: The Fabric of Life; Rhonda Cratty
- Oct 2020 – Wedding Ring (A Shenandoah Album Novel); Emilie Richards
- Nov 2020 – House of silence; Linda Gillard
- Dec 2020 – The Christmas Wedding Quilt – Let It Snow / You Better Watch Out / Nine Ladies Dancing; Emilie Richards, Janice Kay Johnson, Sarah Mayberry
Earlier books in the UKQU Book Club
The books we read during 2018 and 2019 can be found in my round-up post from December 2019 – click here to read it.
Looking at 2021
I have tentatively selected the twelve books for 2021 and hopefully you’ll join me throughout the year.
I’d love if you commented on my book club blogs, ticked the little love heart at the end (recommend) or shared that you’re reading the books (or can’t get hold of them…) in UKQU Social on Facebook (this is a private group, so only members can see your posts and comments). Please note that you must be a member of our main Facebook group UK Quilters United to be accepted in the social group.
Our own books
We have published two books written by and about members of UK Quilters United. They are both for sale on Amazon globally and available for free if you are a Kindle Unlimited subscriber;
- UK Quilters United by a common thread, editor Julie Passey – link to Amazon
- UK Quilters United by a second thread, editor Nina Danielsson – link to Amazon